Thursday 23 February 2012

SHOES


Okay, so I'm a week behind in this challenge but I promise to catch up!

#febphotoaday #myshoes #wellies #wittner #rainydayoutfit

So you know I wear my Woodford Wellies for the school run on a rainy day. I love stomping in the red Buderim mud and splashing in the puddles without ruining a good pair of shoes. Sometimes I prefer to go barefoot so I can scrunch up my toes in the mud and feel the chill of the water underfoot. God knows what the other mamas think when they see me playing and running up the street, hand in hand with Poppy, pulling her along!

But now it's time to step outta the Wellies and into the Wittners. Tonight is the rather auspicious first opening night of QTC's 2012 season, with Neil Armfield's critically acclaimed revival of Ray Lawler's Summer of the Seventeenth Doll on show at QPAC. I'm particularly looking forward to Robyn Nevin's performance as Emma.

I feel I'm underdressed for tonight because I'm not in my usual black but at least I probably have the (nude) shoes right. What do you wear to the theatre? Do you believe any sort of dress code lingers? A study worthy of this blog (and of the other, too)!

Tomorrow morning I'm having morning tea with QTC Artistic Director, Wesley Enoch and Co. I guess I'll have to wear black to that (since I'm sporting my neutrals tonight) and quite possibly, the same shoes. Err, the Wittners that is, not the Wellies.

No comments: