Wednesday 31 July 2013

Problogger Training Event at QT Gold Coast - you could be my roomie


So you know I have the other blog - and on that blog, this blog is known as The Other Blog - but just wanted to mention the same thing here, that I'm lookin' for a roommate to share my cool room at QT Gold Coast for the Problogger Training Event September 13th - 14th!

Sam saw my XS Entertainment post yesterday and suggested I put something on RSVP. Right. Not that sort of trip.




(That's not me, by the way. You can tell because I don't do green frocks. Or keep up with such blondeness anymore. Anyway, it's all about celebrity inspired balayage, right?).

I'm looking forward to attending this event because blogger friends and bloggers-who-I-follow-online have raved about it since its inception three years ago. I'm gearing up to absorb as much information as possible, to see where my blogging can take me next.

I’ve been reviewing theatre for three years, and occasionally I write something about something on this blog. When we’re not making theatre we’re supporting it, and I don’t want to stop supporting it (I love it!), but I want us to make more of our own type of theatre. What’s that? For Sam, this means directing and producing, being given free reign over a text or an idea that grabs him. For me, this might mean writing. Wow. See how non-committal I am? (This is driving Sam crazy!). This is because I’m also a teacher, and I can make better money supply teaching than writing at the moment. 

But while I’m teaching I’m not writing. So instead of committing fully to one or the other, I've been staying right here, right in this spot, frozen, not moving, doing what I've always done online and teaching less. I'd love to be teaching more often. Because, you know, income. And routine. 

I want to have my cake and eat it too martini and drink it too! Poolside...




What do you think? Yes, I hear you.

Wouldn’t it be easier if I were happy to stay teaching? YES. Yes, it would be. In so many ways, life would be easier. I envy my teaching friends who’ll never do anything else but teach, and travel in their holidays. I’ve never stayed long enough at one school – or in one system – to earn long service leave, and I can’t even imagine that life.

I want to write – I need to write – but if I were going to write, wouldn’t I be doing it? Yes, I know I’m DOING IT, but the blogs, the way they are, are not what I mean. And that’s why the ProBlogger Training Event IS GOING TO CHANGE MY LIFE. DON'T SAY IT WON'T, SAM.

Something, or someone there will be the thing that helps me get on track and really get writing.






Remember, I HAVE A ROOM AT QT that I’d love to share with you if you’re going to be there anyway. Included in the package, which will cost you $255 for the two nights (that's less than the actual ProBlogger Training Event special price per night!), is our breakfast both mornings and dinner on Saturday night! (You know there are drinks and canapes on the Friday night, don't you?). 

Just DM me on Twitter for details or comment below. It’s a great deal and I’m really nice to holiday/work/live with.


No comments: