Wednesday 1 February 2012

February Photo a Day Challenge



I'm a big fan of Instagram, although I'm a little inconsistent in its use.

@fatmumslim (known offline as Chantelle Ellem) created a photo challenge for her Instagram followers in January and I was a little slow to catch on. In fact, I wasn't even a follower but I did notice others posting photos with the hashtag #janphotoaday and I quickly worked out what was going on. Sometimes it takes me a day or two (or a month or two) to work out what's new and hip and happenin' in the world of photo-obsessed-bloggers. But I have my moments. Since I've finally, a month after most of the world, decided that I'm ready to begin 2012 and February has just rocked on up today - pretty rudely actually - I also decided I should give the photo challenge a go. I like a challenge.

We call this new obsession focused procrastination.


Day 1: Your View Today



#febphotoaday #day1 #yourviewtoday #mooloolaba

This is the view I've seen since I was four. It's my favourite view. It's almost the same view as what I would be seeing from a great height every day now, if only we'd moved to a lovely, quirky house at the top of Buderim, which we recently fell in love with. We didn't move and we won't for another six months (long post). Had we moved, I would still have had to drive to get this close to my favourite little bit of sea and sky. I'm impatient driving. I want to be there, to see this already. As I come over the Bluff at Alexandra Headland, a similar view, sparkling, teases me mercilessly. But it's not my view and I drive past it to another special spot. It's hot. The sea beckons. I'm in, immersed in golden, rain-refilled ocean and, refreshed and relaxed, I return to the shade so I can spend as long as I like there, staring out to sea.

To look out at this horizon - this view - is wide eyed meditation and the rewards of regular practice are great.

A drive is not so bad then, when there is this view upon arrival.




No comments: